To tool the truth, the difference between Ridgid vs. Dewalt Miter Saw is not noticeable. But sometimes we like to know the difference between both saws. Ridgid is a company that prides itself on its products. Therefore its vision is to give tools to workers. However, Dewalt boasts of the toughness of its products.
Rigid saws are large and heavy power tools. On the other hand, the Dewalt is more modest.
Most Important Comparison of Ridgid vs Dewalt Miter Saw
Comparison in Material
The Ridgid miter saw it comes with a 12-inch carbide-tipped blade. Also, the handle has plastic make, which is the same as the Dewalt. But the general body surface areas are usually heavily aluminum/iron alloys and steel; this also applies to the Dewalt.
The Dewalt DWS 779 is an old more pocket-friendly version. Furthermore, the more recent Dewalt DWS 780 is an upgrade to give more accuracy. Therefore it comes with an XPS cutline light making it pricier. Most users who used Ridgid think it is very durable. The Dewalt has a good popular opinion for its strength of the material.
Comparison of Quality
The Ridgid R4221 enjoys the reputation of being a generally easy to use tools. With a 70-degree ground-breaking miter cut and a powerful spin at 4000 RPM, a 6-foot cord with 15 Amp powerful motor is a deal-breaker.
However, the Dewalt DWS 780 has respect for its lack of wobble in the execution of cuts. That makes it the right choice for high-end projects requiring fewer aberrations.
Ridgid miter saw review indicates it offers some level of flexibility. However, it would require a stand for mobility since it is bulkier. Ridgid bases its supremacy on the flexibility quality of its angling; you can adjust almost automatically.
The Dewalt is more compact in comparison. But cutting at angles above 60 would require a special jig for such work. Nevertheless, the Dewalt is a powerful tool, has powerful motors and technology. Even though it packs less power than the Ridgid at 3800 max, it holds its own. It gives the advantage of increasing the cut depth by removing the back fence, increasing its efficiency and flexibility.
Price Comparison between both
The Ridgid R4221 miter saw is a tool that is not very cool for a price of $570. If you check on Amazon right now, you might notice it's either not available or out of stock.
At $589.76, the Dewalt is not a significant pricier item aspect of R4221, but it's worth it for its sufficient abilities.
A review of users shows that for general woodwork, getting the Ridgid R4221 is not preferable at a price. They see a calculated investment in the Dewalt 780 as essential.
As an unbiased user, it would seem prudent to purchase a Dewalt for jobs that require more mobility and finesse. Ordering a Dewalt would be best when you've a reasonable budget.
Difference in Features
To know the best miter saw-
- Modifiable miter and bevel detents with bypass.
- Built-In Dust Collection Port: Works with 1-1/4 inch wet/dry vacuum adapters.
- Crown stops mounting drills that fit common stops and crown molding halt.
- Blade Brake: Halt's blade for quicker transitions in between cuts.
- Positive Bevel: Allowance for an immediate modifiable positive halt at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 33.9° angles, and even 45° on both sides.
- Positive Miter Stops: - fast adjustment positive halt at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6° angles. Also at 45°, 60°, 67.5° angles left and right.
Users of this tool have the crown stop mounting holes to thank for safety. And judging by the excitement of many users, there's been a wait for a 70-degree miter cut saw.
- XPS the shadow line cut indicator.
- The DWS780 is very sturdy and can adjust fully. To keep accuracy without losing speed during your use of the tool.
- It has a fast discharge bevel stop setting. It gives it a precise set of bevel angles up to 49° left and right.
- Also, adding a cam action miter lock function, ensuring that your miter setting is quicker and more efficient. Further letting the user work with angles between 0° - 50° left and 0° - 60° right.
- It goes packaged with brackets to fit, known as the DE7025. It also comes with a DE7023 stand, wow, right?
To have a saw with the XPS shadow line cut, you have won as a user as it allows for quick, accurate cuts. At the same time, providing illumination for your work material with no adjustment required. This even works outside in direct sunlight, which may be handy in all situations.
What is the Best Use for Ridgid Miter Saw?
So here is a saw that is the best use is for cutting long bevels. Using the 70-degree bevel cuts, it is excellent for all sides as well as for trim installations.
What is the best Use for Dewalt Miter Saw?
A Dewalt dws780 is perfect for professionals and novices alike. It has high acclaim for fine woodwork, but it comes with a general duty blade. Otherwise, it's best for framing lumber and ordinary woodwork.
Is Ridgid as good as DeWalt?
We have seen that Dewalt is in a class of its own and boasts unique features. The Dewalt is a reliable comparison to the Ridgid and has everything that makes the best miter saw. Based on the occasion, each saw can be perfect.
Comparing the Ridgid vs. Dewalt miter saw is necessary as it gives options when buying. Both brands are old-timers and compete fairly. The after-sales service for both tools is good and has high durability.