A top 7 1/4 Sliding Miter Saw is equipped with a 10 A hi-torque motor and an optimized blade system, which is usually used for longer cuts. Its 7-1/4″ small blade keeps the entire sliding saw compact and lightweight as well. And so, these compact and lightweight features make the saw portable and weight savings as 8 1/2 in. handy miter saw.
They also feature multi-material technology that provides smooth sliding functionality, positive miter stops, and adjustable depth of cut. Most of these small miter saws are come with an electric brake to stop the blade after the cut. These ergonomic saws are designed for both left and right-handed use.
Though they are lightweight, they also robust indeed. They've also replaced the old laser system with an LED light, which always shows the thickness of the blade that lasers could never do. Let's see highly performed five best 7 1/4 sliding miter saw review.
Quick Looks of Three Best Saws
Kobalt Sliding Compound Miter Saw
plastic & metal
Our Best Pick
DEWALT 20V MAX Inch Miter Saw
DEWALT 20V Cordless (7.25 inch)
plastic & metal
Five Best 7 1/4 Sliding Miter Saw List
You have a way to go to the product page directly through the above links if you don't have time to discover the unique features separately.
1. DEWALT 20V MAX 7.25 Inch Battery Powered Saw
Why is it our best pick? Let me uncover the originality. DEWALT-DCS361B, a 20V MAX Miter Saw bare tool with (DCB204) battery pack. It can provide around 275 cuts of 3-1/4 Pine or 183 cuts of 2x4 pine baseboards.
It mainly offers an integrated XPS cross-cutting process, which provides mostly a combination of free cut line verse to maintain perfect visibility as well as accuracy. DEWALT-DCS361B Miter Saw has a single left bevel. This left bevel ranges from -3 degrees to 48 degrees left. The maximum vertical of this saw is 2 1/2 inches, and the horizontal cut capacity is 2x8 inches.
Ten positive stops of the enduring stainless steel miter detent plate will help to improve cutting accuracy and productivity. The oversized bevel scale can create a bevel angle. The cam lock miter handle will help to provide fast and accurate meter angles.
If you use the entire sliding action, the cross cut capacity will be 8’’. The difference between the dcs361b and dcs261m1 is a bare tool while another has both the battery and charger. The voltage of this product is 20V.
Features and Details:
- The integrated cut line cross-cut system will help to deliver a cut line indication that is adjustment-free. It is crucial to getting better accuracy and visibility.
- Lightweight (only 30 lbs) and very compact design are really effective for easy transport and storage factor.
- The cam lock miter handle can deliver fast and precise meter angles.
- Machine-based fence supports and effective meter system increases cutting accuracy as well as durability.
- The exact die-cast aluminium fence makes sure the accurate cut.
- Dimension of the product: 25.2 x 19.9 x 15.7 inches.
- Weight: Around 36.5 pounds.
- It has one lithium-ion battery. Charger and battery need to buy separately.
This product is just like a lifesaver for house projects. The DCB204 is really terrific! Portability and accuracy are just perfect. You can buy the best sliding miter saw for a homeowner to make your work life better and comfortable.
- Can handle most of the ordinary cuts
- Very useful for improving cutting accuracy and productivity
- Very easy to handle for beginners
- Perfectly balanced
- Highly durable
- Delivers quick and accurate miter angles
- Available at a very reasonable price
- Limited warranty
- The vertical max is 3 5/8. So, if you want to cut 4x4 numbers, you need more than one cut
2. DEWALT 20V Cordless Miter Saw (7.25 Inch)
We picked this one as the second choice in this list of the best 7 1/4 sliding miter saw. Yes, this is DEWALT-DCS261M1, a cordless miter saw, consequently, comes with a 20V Max battery pack (DCB204). It can also provide around 275 cuts of 3-1/4 Pine or 183 cuts of 2x4 pine baseboards.
It also has an integrated XPS cross-cutting process, which helps deliver a combination of free cut line verse, which is very useful for maintaining standard visibility and accuracy.
It is a DCS361 saw with a couple of extra features without a bare tool. You can buy a DEWALT battery attachment with a 120V cord for DEWALT 20V MAX Saw, Cordless (DCS361M1).
This saw is mainly built of sturdy gauge aluminum. It can collect dust hooked up to an exterior. Although there are a few miter saw for home using, I think it's better than a lightweight and compact design.
Features and Details:
- The measurement system is metric
- Included components: Miter saws, power meter saws, and construction power saws
- Product weight is around 36 pounds
- It contains a DCB112 charger
- It comes with a DCB204 4.0Ah MAX XR lithium-ion battery
- Each battery weight is about 1.42 pounds
If this saw fits all of your requirements and if you are looking for a cordless tool, get the product. You will indeed join the growing rank of pleased customers around the world. If you don’t have a DEWALT charger and battery, you can use this saw. You can rely on the brand image of the company.
- Cuts accurately
- Its battery, clamp, blade and blade wrench will help to finish your project perfectly
- Perfect shipment
- 90 days money-back guarantee
- Three years of the free service contract
- Three years limited warranty
- Doesn’t have laser line
3. Kobalt Sliding Compound Miter Saw
It would be best if you bought an aluminum stand for Kobalt 7-1/4-inch Sliding saw (SM1850LW) separately. Power saw hold down clamp will usually deliver perfect stability during compound cuts, miter or bevel.
Lingering and die-cast aluminium cordon will help to support during cutting or setup. There is a vacuum port for collecting dust with a perfect wet or dry vacuum. It has 45 degrees right and left miter and 45 degrees left bevel cut capacity.
You will find a laser guide. Though Kobalt 7-1/4 saw has no UL and ETL safety listing, you will get a CSA safety listing. Compound and slide are available in this saw. The lock pin located on the right side will unlock this saw. You can use this saw without a stand as it doesn’t slide around.
Features and Details:
- Having a dual slide rail system with linear bearings.
- Maximum crosscut of is the product is up to 2-in x 8-in.
- Perfect capacity for framing cuts.
- Also ideal for molding.
- It is made from compact die-cast aluminium. So, it's very lightweight. You will able to move it easily from storage to the workplace.
- Weight: Around 29 pounds.
- Dimension: 25.3 x 16.3 x 14.6 inches.
- Blue and silver color is available in the market place.
- The power source is AC.
- Included compound: Bare tool.
- Three years limited warranty.
It is handy for cutting interior molding. If you have small storage, don’t worry. Its small size will save your storage space. This saw is functional. Though it doesn’t have lots of power, I use it for woodworking. Kobalt 7-1/4-inch Sliding Compound Miter saw it is potentially dangerous without extra careful upkeep. Some people have significant safety and customer service issues — lightweight and straightforward to move from one place to another.
- Very comfortable to use
- Great stability
- Perfect placement of mostly used angles
- Easy to move
- Very smooth and accurate operation
- Missing dust bag and hold down clamp
- Potentially dangerous
- Not safe enough
4. Evolution Power Tools: Multi-Material Miter Saw
When are you a searcher for a cheaper and non-slide 7 1/4 miter saw, I collected it for you. The professionals or carpenters look for a perfect miter saw. The question is, why they love miter saw?
There is no other better option for miter cut, miter with bevel cut, quick cross cut for long baseboard, without a handy miter saw. Yes, I am saying about a right miter saw, which can make the sure accurate cut, and that is the Evolution R185SMS+ 7-1/4" Sliding Miter Saw.
If you don't have a more massive cutting job, close your eyes and have the Evolution Multi-Material Saw because it is superb handy and compact and not so substantial. It can cut up to 50 degrees left miter. It will offer a max 8-1/4" x 2-1/2 cut at a 90-degree angle. If you are looking for a great performer at a limited price, it's for yours.
Features and Details:
- Its specialty is the fence with drawing measurement, which gives a perfect cut.
- The blade of it has 16 teeth for a fast cut.
- Very innovative and compact rail design.
- 10 amp powerful motor provides maximum strength for the blade.
- You have the opportunity to 6-inch pipe.
- 120 volt AC motor performs for a long time.
- It has 72" a little long cord.
- There are some ingredients for free with this saw: 16 teeth multi-material TCT 185 mm Blade, Hold Down Clamp, Dust Bag, Blade wrench.
There are some improvements in the design than 10 Amp in the base. The blade guard is compelling enough. Motor and blade usually don’t walk at all. The solid construction will help to use this product smoothly. We can move it from your storage to working place without facing any difficulties. You will able to handle most of the frequent cuts by using one of the Evolution Power Tool 7 1/4 miter saw.
- Excellent construction
- Sturdy and powerful
- Highly maneuverable
- Reasonable price
- Its unique design will help to reduce workspace required for a specific operation
- An ideal saw for framing cuts and molding
- It is not battery operated
- No Laser facility
5. CRAFTSMAN 7 1/4 Inch Cordless Miter Saw Kit
CRAFTSMAN V20 7-1/4-inch Sliding Miter Saw Kit has a powerful 800 RPM motor. It is designed to cut hardwoods, baseboard, trim, or 2x dimensional lumber. Its high-quality 7 ¼ blades will help for a cross-cut capacity (which is up to 8 inches).
On the other hand, the nine-meter single and detents blade is capable of angle cuts. The side carry handle makes CRAFTSMAN V20 extremely portable. And the LED light eliminates shadows. That's why this is a perfect machine to provide accuracy and a cut line. You may buy a 12" blade saw instead of "7 1/4" but that would wast of your pocket because 7.25" can meet your needs.
Features and Details:
- This saw is a part of the V20 cordless system.
- It has three potent 800 RPM motor. This motor is useful in cutting hardwoods, baseboard, trim, or 2x dimensional lumber.
- It comes with perfect slide capacity; It will allow eight inches crosscut at 90 degrees and 5.5 inches crosscut at 45 degrees.
- Vertical baseboard.
- Very lightweight design.
- The model number of the item: CMCS714M1.
- Shipping weight: Around 31.4 pounds.
- Dimension: 25.5 x 18.9 x 14.4 inches.
- One CMCB104 (maximum 20 Volt) lithium-ion fast charger
- One blade wrench
- One dust bag
- One carbide-tipped blade
- One material clamp
- One OAH lithium-ion battery
Slide capacity is just amazing. You will get eight inches crosscut at 90 degrees and 5.5 inches crosscut at 45 degrees. The LED light will provide an active cut line to follow.
- Extremely portable
- Tough and built to last for a long time
- Having a dust bag
- Well balanced
- Sometimes not so effective
Professional carpenters traditionally work on a site. So, they are experts in dealing with wood fixtures in the context of an intriguing project. Though, they will just install the product which has been made by joiners. Still, for any of their work such as floor fitting, staircase fitting, windows frames fixing, cupboards installing or shelving installing, it is always important to keep quality saw.
It is effortless to choose a good carpenter by keeping in mind that whether he uses quality materials or weak instruments. Low-quality tools are surely going to wear out soon. When you find the best 7 1/4 sliding miter saw, you can get overall ideas about a product by explaining previous reviews.
The reviews may also provide a very much clear concept about any company’s internal issues. Good reviews can bring an excellent brand image, which will attract more clients to an agency.
We analyzed others related miter cut saw
Austin R Dean
As a carpenter, I have been working for a long day with a different type of saw. What experience I have gathered, I intend to share that expertness to all. I will try to offer several shorts of saw's reviews and important tricks. Thanks for coming here....