Whoever, a handyman, or a professional for both, a 7.25″ sliding miter saw is an ideal choice, but why? I am sure you know the answer very well. Its 7-1/4″ small blade keeps the entire saw compact and lightweight as well but without compromising cut capacity. And so, these compact and lightweight features make the saw portable and weight savings as an 8 1/2 in. handy miter saw.
They also feature multi-material technology that provides smooth sliding functionality, positive miter stops, and adjustable depth of cut. Most of these small miter saws come with an electric brake to stop the blade after the cut. These ergonomic saws are designed for both left and right-handed use which is a crucial advantage for anyone. Let’s see the highly performed five best 7 1/4 sliding miter saw review.
Top Three 7.25 inch Saw for Quick View
Evolution Multi-Material Compound Sliding Saw
Our Best Pick
DEWALT 20V MAX Inch Miter Saw
Kobalt Sliding Compound Miter Saw
|plastic & metal
Market Leading Five 7 1/4 Sliding Miter Saw
Compact tool lovers always definitely will be fond of a 7-1/4″ miter saw with a sliding option. Because this size saw is comfortable for a regular carpenter; and it is also the most accessible cutting tool for a craftsman. So, this little miter saw can be a friend to all of us. Here, you have a short way to go to the product page directly through the following links if you don’t have time to discover described unique features separately.
- DEWALT-DCS361B 20V Max Miter Saw
- Evolution-R185SMS+ Multi-Material Power Tool
- Kobalt-SM1850LW Sliding Miter Saw
- CRAFTSMAN-CMCS714M1 Sliding Miter Kit
- Milwaukee M18 Dual-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
1. DEWALT 20V MAX 7.25 Inch Battery Powered Saw
Why is it our best pick? Let me uncover the originality of DEWALT-DCS361B. It is a 20V MAX Miter Saw bare tool without (DCB204) battery pack. It can provide around 275 cuts of 3-1/4 Pine or 183 cuts of 2×4 pine baseboards. So be happy due to get a heavy-duty and lovely long-life slicer.
Let’s go to its performance. It mainly offers an integrated XPS cross-cutting process, which provides mostly a combination of free-cut line verse to maintain perfect visibility and accuracy. DEWALT-DCS361B Miter Saw has a single left bevel. This left bevel ranges from -3 degrees to 48 degrees left highest. The maximum vertical is 2 1/2 inches, and the horizontal cut capacity is 2×8 inches. So, definitely, we can be happy for its cut capacity as a little saw.
Ten positive stops of the enduring stainless steel miter detent plate will help to improve cutting accuracy and productivity. The oversized bevel scale can create an immense bevel angle. The cam lock miter handle will help provide fast and accurate meter angles and comfortable placing.
If you use the entire sliding action, the cross-cut capacity will be 8’’. The difference between the dcs361b and dcs261m1 is a bare tool while another has both the battery and charger. The voltage of this product is 20V.
This product is just like a lifesaver for house projects. The DCB204 is really terrific! Portability and accuracy are just perfect. You can buy the best sliding miter saw for a homeowner to make your work life better and more comfortable.
Most Important Features of DEWALT-DCS361B
- The integrated cut line cross-cut system will help to deliver a cut line indication that is adjustment-free. It is crucial to getting better accuracy and visibility.
- Lightweight (only 30 lbs) and very compact design are really effective for easy transport and storage factor.
- The cam lock miter handle can deliver fast and precise meter angles.
- Machine-based fence supports and an effective meter system increase cutting accuracy as well as durability.
- The exact die-cast aluminum fence makes sure the accurate cut.
- Dimension of the product: 25.2 x 19.9 x 15.7 inches.
- Weight: Around 36.5 pounds.
- It has one lithium-ion battery. The charger and battery need to buy separately.
Good Things of Dewalt-DCS361B
- Can handle most of the ordinary cuts
- Very useful for improving cutting accuracy and productivity
- Very easy to handle for beginners
- Perfectly balanced
- Highly durable
- Delivers quick and accurate miter angles
- Available at a very reasonable price
Bad Things of Dewalt-DCS361B
- Limited warranty
- The vertical max is 3 5/8. So, if you want to cut 4×4 numbers, you need more than one cut
2. Evolution Power Tools: Multi-Material Miter Saw
Why do we consider Evolution R185SMS+ Sliding Miter Saw as the best sliding miter saw? The saw has exceptional features and specifications that guarantee its quality and durability.
Evolution is a named brand known for generating the best sliding miter saws. R185SMS+ is a corded electric sliding miter saw with a 7-1/4 inches multi-purpose blade.
Let’s talk about its versatility and cutting capacity. This only saw can cut several materials, including wood, plastic, and metal. The Evolution Sliding Miter Saw comes with a powerful motor. Moreover, this saw carries a 7-1/4 inch blade that helps in cutting different cuts remarkably.
The R185SMS+ Sliding Miter Saw has a sleek and robust design. The saw is relatively compact and lightweight, so it is the perfect miter saw for home use. This saw has an Ergonomic trigger handle that is easy to carry with both left and right hands.
What’s more, this saw comes with a 10 amp high-torque motor, optimized gearbox & blade system. The R185SMS+ Sliding Miter Saw has a laser precision guide. It helps to cut precisely. This sliding miter saw is pretty versatile; you can use it at your home or job site for different cutting purposes.
If you don’t have a more massive cutting job, close your eyes and have the Evolution Multi-Material Saw because it is superb handy and compact, and not so substantial. It can cut up to 50 degrees left miter. It will offer a max 8-1/4″ x 2-1/2 cut at a 90-degree angle. If you are looking for a great performer at a limited price, it’s for yours.
“If you ask me why I love this saw? I’d tell you the feature you’ve been looking for; this is the only saw that is so lightweight, easy to carry, yet so versatile and professional. It cuts the material with great precision and performs multiple cutting tasks with its only blade,” says Michelle.
Most Important Features of Evolution R185SMS+
- This sliding miter saw is equipped with a multi-material cutting technology blade that helps cut as deep as 2×8.
- It has 9 positive miter stops with adjustable depth of cut and smooth sliding of the saw.
- The saw has 170 voltages.
- The Evolution R185SMS+ comes with a laser guide and accessories of a 10 ft power cord, a dust bag, and a three-piece Clamp.
- The dimension of this tool is 18 x 17.2 x 12 inches.
- The saw has a Powerful 10A high-torque motor and an Ergonomic trigger handle that is feasible.
- The weight of the saw is 8.95 kg.
- It has a 185mm Japanese Tungsten-Carbide-Tipped blade.
- The saw has 50˚ – 50˚ miter and 0° – 45° bevel tilt, and that makes multiple cutting angles possible.
- The maximum cross-cut capacity is 8-1/4 x 2-1/4 inches with a 45° bevel tilt.
Good Things of Evolution R185SMS+
- Lightweight, compact, and easy to use sturdy and powerful
- The 185mm Multi-purpose blade offers a wide cutting capacity. Reasonable price
- Laser guide benefits from cutting the project with extra precision. Its unique design will help to reduce the workspace required for a specific operation
- The saw has three years of limited warranty.
- It has smooth sliding functionality.
- It is designed to cut multiple types of materials.
Bad Things of Evolution R185SMS+
- The dust bag doesn’t work well.
- The finishing of the work can become rough over time.
3. Kobalt Sliding Compound Miter Saw
It would be best if you bought an aluminum stand for Kobalt 7-1/4-inch Sliding saw (SM1850LW) separately. Power saw hold-down clamp would usually deliver perfect stability during compound cuts, miter, or bevel.
Lingering and die-cast aluminum cordon will help to support during cutting or setup. There is a vacuum port for collecting dust with a perfect wet or dry vacuum. It has 45 degrees right and left miter and 45 degrees left bevel cut capacity.
You will find a laser guide. Though Kobalt 7-1/4 saw has no UL and ETL safety listing, you will get a CSA safety listing. Compound and slide are available in this saw. The lock pin located on the right side will unlock this saw. You can use this saw without a stand as it doesn’t slide around.
It is handy for cutting interior molding. If you have small storage, don’t worry. Its small size will save your storage space. This saw is functional. Though it doesn’t have lots of power, I use it for woodworking. Kobalt 7-1/4-inch Sliding Compound Miter saw is potentially dangerous without extra careful upkeep. Some people have significant safeties and customer service issues — lightweight and straightforward to move from one place to another.
Most Important Features of Kobalt-SM1850LW
- Having a dual slide rail system with linear bearings.
- The maximum crosscut of the product is up to 2-in x 8-in.
- Perfect capacity for framing cuts.
- Also ideal for molding.
- It is made from compact die-cast aluminum. So, it’s very lightweight. You will able to move it easily from storage to the workplace.
- Weight: Around 29 pounds.
- Dimension: 25.3 x 16.3 x 14.6 inches.
- Blue and silver colors are available in the marketplace.
- The power source is AC.
- Included compound: Bare tool.
- Three years limited warranty.
Good Things of Kobalt-SM1850LW
- Very comfortable to use
- Great stability
- Perfect placement of mostly used angles
- Easy to move
- Very smooth and accurate operation
Bad Things of Kobalt-SM1850LW
- Missing dust bag and hold down clamp
- Potentially dangerous
- Not safe enough
4. CRAFTSMAN 7 1/4 Inch Cordless Miter Saw Kit
CRAFTSMAN V20 7-1/4-inch Sliding Miter Saw Kit has a powerful 800 RPM motor. It is designed to cut hardwoods, baseboards, trim, or 2x dimensional lumber. Its high-quality 7 ¼ blades will help cross-cut capacity (up to 8 inches).
On the other hand, the nine-meter single and detent blade is capable of angle cuts. The side carry handle makes CRAFTSMAN V20 extremely portable. And the LED light eliminates shadows. That’s why this is a perfect machine to provide accuracy and a cut line. You may buy a 12″ blade saw instead of “7 1/4,” but that would waste your pocket because 7.25″ can meet your needs.
The slide capacity is just amazing. You will get eight inches crosscut at 90 degrees and 5.5 inches crosscut at 45 degrees. The LED light will provide an active cut line to follow.
Most Important Features of Craftsman-CMCS714M1
- This saw is a part of the V20 cordless system.
- It has three potent 800 RPM motors. This motor is useful in cutting hardwoods, baseboards, trim, or 2x dimensional lumber.
- It comes with perfect slide capacity; It will allow eight inches to crosscut at 90 degrees and 5.5 inches to crosscut at 45 degrees.
- Vertical baseboard.
- Very lightweight design.
- The model number of the item: is CMCS714M1.
- Shipping weight: Around 31.4 pounds.
- Dimension: 25.5 x 18.9 x 14.4 inches.
Good Things of Craftsman-CMCS714M1
- Extremely portable
- Tough and built to last for a long time
- Having a dust bag
- Well balanced
Bad Things of Craftsman-CMCS714M1
- Sometimes not so effective
- One CMCB104 (maximum 20 Volt) lithium-ion fast charger
- One blade wrench
- One dust bag
- One carbide-tipped blade
- One material clamp
- One OAH lithium-ion battery
5. Milwaukee M18 Fuel Dual Bevel 7-1/2 Sliding Miter Saw
Milwaukee is a reputed brand known for making high-quality tools. This Milwaukee Sliding Compound Miter Saw Kit has all the top-notch features you’ve been looking for. M18 Fuel 7-¼” Sliding Compound Miter saw is an innovative tool of Milwaukee.
The M18 fuel saw is designed to cut efficiently and accurately. This miter saw is made with quality materials of aluminum, rubber, stainless steel, and polymers which assures its durability. It starts softly and provides a fine finish to cuts.
The additional benefit is its dual bevel functionality which helps you in two different ways, and you can perform other cuts efficiently with this like miter cuts, crosscuts, bevel cuts, and compound cuts.
Moreover, you can make accurate cuttings such as picture frames, crown molding, window casings, picture frames, and any type of cut with this miter saw without any hassle of flipping or turning your working project.
The powerful brushless motor and Lithium-ion battery makes an excellent combination. Yes! You can perform all your desired cutting tasks for 24+ hours with constant power till the end.
And guess what!? With all these heavy-duty features, the saw is also lightweight and handy, weighing about 28 pounds only, including the battery. The saw kit includes Red lithium extended capacity 5.0Ah battery, Miter saw compound, M18, and M12 multi-voltage charger, a Dust gag, Carbide tipped blade, Clamp, and a Blade wrench.
“Everything about this Sliding Compound Miter Saw is so helpful and awesome that I cannot emphasize it enough. This saw is lightweight and handy, will save you hours, plus you can perform all your cutting tasks with more efficiency. It has increased my work productivity immensely” says John.
Most important Features of the Milwaukee Compact Saw
- The saw is compact while the weight of this kit is 35.2 pounds.
- You can perform dual Bevel cuts with stops at 45° and 48°
- The dimensions of this sliding compound miter saw are 24.8 x 16.14 x 25 inches.
- The length of the Carbide tipped blade is 4 inches.
- The saw has a powerful 5.0 AH Red lithium battery.
- The components in this saw include M18 and M12 multi-voltage chargers.
- The saw comes with an amazing feature of a Cam Locking Miter Detent System
- The saw can efficiently deliver 600 cuts per charge.
- The number of teeth in this is 60 to perform finished and fine cuts.
- The warranty of this tool is 5 years limited.
Good Things about M18 Fuel
- The saw kit is versatile.
- Helps in performing tasks accurately.
- The exceptional quality of the tool.
- Cordless technology.
- Well balanced.
- High-power battery.
Bad Things of M18 Fuel
- The motor is quite big.
- No depth stop.
- Molding performance is not good.
Professional carpenters traditionally work on a site. So, they are experts in dealing with wood fixtures in the context of an intriguing project. Though, they will just install the product which the joiners have made. Still, it is always important to keep quality saws for any of their work such as floor fitting, staircase fitting, windows frames fixing, cupboard installation, or shelving installation.
It is effortless to choose a good carpenter by considering whether he uses quality materials or weak instruments. Low-quality tools are surely going to wear out soon. When you find the best 7 1/4 sliding miter saw, you can get overall ideas about a product by explaining previous reviews.
The reviews may also provide a very much clear concept of any company’s internal issues. Good reviews can bring an excellent brand image, which will attract more clients to an agency.
We analyzed other related miter cut saws.