Are you facing trouble while using a circular saw? Check out the circular saw safety tips we’re about to share below.
No matter what kind of power tool you’re using to cut your individual equipment, it’s always essential to safely use it. As a hard working table saw, a circular saw is also kind of dangerous.
A silly mistake or negligence can create severe damage or accident while using a circular saw. These accidents don’t actually depend on the style or design of such saws. Their design may vary, but all of them can create a critical situation if you don’t know how to use a circular saw safely.
Today, here, we’re going to try to come up with some basics to avoid circular saw accidents. So, without wasting time, let’s get going.
How to Use a Circular Saw with Proper Safety?
Here we go. We are presenting you with the necessary safety hacks to avoid circular saw accidents. Could you give them a read? You’ll be able to understand how you can use a circular saw without any harmful accidental occurrence.
While using a circular saw always remember to wear the safety equipment. Never forget things like
- Wearing a dust mask.
- Using hearing protection.
- Wearing safety glasses.
- Avoid loose-fitting clothing.
- Don’t wear any kind of jewelry.
- Don’t let your hair stay loose.
These standard safety protections will reduce the chances of accidents. Please don’t take them too lightly. They sound silly, but one of the most significant facts of the circular saw safety guard.
Avoid Free-Hand Cuts
It might get easy and fast to use a circular saw for cutting through a lot of elements. And that might be one reason why people get started cutting with a circular worm drive saw with their free-hand. This is one of the silliest mistakes most people make. No matter how much easier it is to use a circular saw, never ever go for the free-hand cuts.
Use Saw Blades & Blade Guards
Now, come to the blade of your circular saw. For a kickback-free and smooth cut, it’s a must for the blade to be sharp enough. A dull blade can never go for a smooth cut. Even it can be the cause behind the kickback or binding instead. Not just that. Make sure that it’s free of a pitch.
Moreover, when it’s time for cutting thin materials, be sure that the blade guard is retracting itself properly. If the blade guard requires a manual retracting, do it with your hand. Simply grab it. And don’t forget to lift the handle so that you can move forward.
Set Required Blade Depth
To avoid circular saw accidents, you should always pay attention to the depth of the blade. If the circular saw or miter saw blade depth setting is not correct, it can cause dangerous problems. To avoid kickbacks and binding, you should also avoid setting the blade in to too deep.
Make sure that the blade should not get too exposed. It would help if you took care that the blade depth should be shallow enough for safe cutting.
Set the Perfect Position
People often make a great mistake. They don’t set the cutting element to the right position before cutting. Using a circular saw is indeed very easy. But, just because of the displacement, you can face binding or kickback problems.
Set the position of the cutting board as required to be stable for safe cutting. And also, make sure you’re letting the cut off portion freely fall away. It will prevent binding or kickback.
Some More Tips
- Always remember to wait for the circular saw blade to stop. When it stops completely, only then you can do whatever you want to do with it.
- Never forget to check the whole set of the circular saw you’re going to use for cutting any element. Make sure that all of its parts are working correctly.
- Don’t forget to check the material you’re going to cut. Check carefully if there’s any screws or nails already on the material. If so, remove them before starting to cut.
- Keep the blade always safe by leaving the blade guard to pivot.
- Don’t act over smart. Keep maintaining a perfect balance of your full body and also on the cutting board.
- Use both hands while cutting with a circular saw so that you get more comfort and stability.
- Always remember to consult the new manual whenever you’re going to replace the saw equipment.
However, the thing is, we can just warn you and inform you about the circular saw safety guard or tips. It’s entirely up to you how you’re going to manage to follow the recommendations. It’s not the tips that will save you but the way you’re using these hacks. So, be careful enough to follow the safety hacks correctly.